Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) Dr. Elan B. Singer - Chelsea NYC
What is an Abdominoplasty
An Abdominoplasty or "Tummy Tuck" is a cosmetic surgery that removes excess skin and fatty tissue from above the waist. This results in a tighter, flatter-looking stomach. A tummy tuck is often combined with a small amount of liposuction to better shape and sculpt the body.
A Full Tummy Tuck addresses skin, fat, and muscle in the upper, mid, and lower abdomen. The abdominal muscles will be tightened, fat will be removed and any extra skin trimmed. An incision is made from hip to hip just above the pubic area. The belly button will remain in a natural position and secured in place. In some instances, liposuction may be necessary to refine the transition zones of the abdominal sculpture. Afterwards, a dressing may be applied and sometimes a compression garment is warn. Any excess fluid is then drained from the site.
A Mini or Partial Tummy Tuck is an ideal procedure for people with only a small amount of excess skin and fat in the lower abdomen. The surgery focuses on the lower abdominal area between the navel and the pubic bone. A small incision is made and the skin and fat of the lower abdomen are detached in a more limited fashion from the muscle fascia. Liposuction may be used to contour the transition zone.
Reasons to Consider a Tummy Tuck Surgery
An Abdominoplasty may be a perfect solution if you have:
- loose skin and excess fat that is resistant to diet and exercise
- lost a significant amount of weight
- loose skin after a pregnancy,
Losing a significant amount of weight is an amazing achievement, but often there is a downside. Once you’ve lost the fat from your tummy, folds of loose skin and a lack of muscle tone that gives your abdomen a "saggy" appearance may be present.
Pregnancy is another cause of loose, sagging skin on the tummy for many women. The stretched skin won’t return to its pre-pregnancy state and your muscles may be weakened too. If you’re unhappy with how your stomach looks, a tummy tuck could be the answer.
A Tummy Tuck Creates a Firmer, Flatter Stomach By:
- Removing of excess skin in the abdomen
- Removing of excess fat in the abdomen
- Eliminating of stomach bulges
- Tightening abdominal muscles
- Tighten lax skin and restore muscle tone after weight loss or pregnancy
Am I a Candidate For A Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)?
Those with the following conditions may be good candidates for abdominoplasty:
- Bulges, excess skin, muscle weakness, and localized fat in the abdominal region
- Women whose abdominal muscles have been stretched and weakened by pregnancy
- Significant amount of weight loss
- Fat that is resistant to exercise and diet
During your complimentary surgical consultation, Dr, Elan B. Singer will discuss whether you are a good candidate for an Abdominoplasty.